When you’re making plans for your honeymoon you probably aren’t thinking about anything except getting away with your new spouse to have a wonderful time and start your new life together. But, in order to make that honeymoon trip the wonderful, relaxing trip that you want it to be you should plan ahead for some situations that come up and ruin your honeymoon trip. Here are 5 tips that can help you prepare for any situation that might come up on your honeymoon:
1. Pack your own “First Aid” kit – If you are leaving the country you never know what type of health and wellness situations you might run into or what the local stores will carry in terms of first aid supplies. Pack your own first aid kit with some pain relievers, band aids, antibiotic cream, sunscreen, aloe vera gel, gauze, an Ace bandage, anti-diarrhea medicine, and any other items you think you might need. It’s better to have those things with you than to have to search for them if you need them.
2. Bring clothes for every temperature – Even if you’re going somewhere tropical it might get chilly at night so make sure you pack at least one sweater or warm wrap that you can wear if it’s cold and bring clothes for rainy weather as well as sunny weather. Also make sure you bring activity appropriate clothing like hiking boots or jeans.
3. Confirm you flight, hotel reservations and other travel plans at least two days before the wedding. You will have a lot of other things to worry about the day before the wedding and the day of the wedding so confirm everything at least two days before the wedding and you’ll have plenty of time to deal with any lost reservations or other problems. It’s always a good idea to put the honeymoon reservations on a credit card that has nothing else on it so that if you need to change flights or make another expensive purchase you’ll have credit available to do that.
Products from Amazon.co.uk
4. Pack ahead of time – Since you know you will be leaving shortly after the wedding and that last minute wedding plans will take up a lot of time pack your suitcases for the honeymoon trip ahead of time. Buy new toiletries so that you don’t have to worry about packing the items that you use everyday. You’ll have to put everything in security approved bottles and bags anyway so do that in advance and have all your bags packed and ready to go and all your items packed in compliance with security regulations and your honeymoon trip will go a lot more smoothly.
5. Get some sleep – Your wedding and honeymoon trip will be very exciting but you will also need to get plenty of rest so that you can enjoy them. Pack some items that will help you sleep while you’re on your trip like some herbal tea, relaxing massage oil, or a book that always relaxes you.